Established by Covenant Evangelical Free Church in 2000, our faith-based ethos motivates us to express God’s love to the community where God has placed us. We are a not-for-profit social service agency that seeks to bring hope and purpose to children, youths and seniors so that they go on to create positive impact in their community and society. Over the years, we have reached out to thousands of individuals from different religions and races – with absolutely no strings attached.
We are a full member of the National Council of Social Service and an Institution of Public Character.
Our Missional Purpose
Loving the community as Christ does, we nurture children to be confident and compassionate, mentor youths to master life's transitions and reach for their highest potential, and enable seniors to be connected and fulfilled, so that they have hope and purpose and go on to create positive impact in their community
OUR CORE VALUES
WHAT OUR CORE VALUES MEAN
Our core values of Growth, Resilience, Accountability, Collaboration and Empathy are the means of GRACE by which we serve the community.
Growth: We keep growing to expand our competency and capacity so that we can be relevant and excellent.
Resilience: We stay focused on our mission with realistic optimism and will not waver in adversity. We strive to find meaning in the challenges and to bounce back from them.
Accountability: We take ownership of our work and strive to deliver with excellence. We do the right thing even when it costs us.
Collaboration: We believe we are stronger when we are united. We work together as one to achieve our missional purpose.
Empathy: We care for the well-being of our clients and colleagues. We show love and support to each other in a holistic and practical way.
We are glad we do not work alone. We synergise with partners in the community such as schools, grassroots, fellow voluntary social service agencies as well as government agencies.
Registered Society registered under
The Societies Act on 3 March 2000
Registration No.: 305/99 WEL
Unique Entity No.: T00SS0057E
Registered Charity registered under
The Charities Act on 13 Aug 2001
Registration No.: 1518
Full Member of National Council of Social Service
since 16 Sep 2002
Institution of a Public Character
under the sector administration of the
Ministry of Social and Family Development
since 18 November 2002
Reference No.: 2002-122 NLC
- Registered as a Society
- Registered as a Charity
- Opening of first Childcare Centre in Bukit Panjang
- Launch of Family Life and Home Care Services
- Full NCSS Membership
- Awarding of IPC (Institution of a Public Character) Status
- Launch of Youth Services through school-based counselling, talks and camps
- Restructuring of services into four Centres: Childcare Centre, Family Life Centre, Community Health Centre and Youth Centre
- Opening of first Youth Hub in Bukit Panjang
- Focus on building the next generation
- Launch of Project Love financial assistance scheme
- Children Services’ full scale of operations
- Start of youth work in Woodlands through Sports Challenge, school-based work and drop-in centre
- 10th Anniversary Celebration
- Opening of Student Care centre in Bukit Panjang
- Change of name from “New Life Community Services Centre” to “New Life Community Services” as a multi-locale and multi-services agency
- Opening of second Youth Hub in Woodlands
- Awarding of a Childcare Centre in Woodlands and a facility in Junction 10
- Rebranding of new corporate logo
- Opening of a second Childcare Centre in Woodlands
- Start of work with youth offenders in Reformative Training Centre
- Opening of third Youth Hub and third Childcare Centre in Junction 10
- SPARK accreditation of Childcare Centre in Bukit Panjang and Woodlands
- Re-opening of renovated Youth Hub in Bukit Panjang
- SPARK accreditation of Childcare Centre in Junction 10
- 20th Anniversary Celebration
- Awarded the Star Partner Award under the Public Sector Transformation (PST) Awards
- Opening of second Student Care centre in Teck Whye
- Opening of third Student Care Centre at Woodlands
- Expansion into SilverCare