Woodlands Youth Hub
Block 540 Woodlands Drive 16, #01-79 Singapore 730540
To better engage the youths in Woodlands, New Life Youth opened a new Youth Hub on November 2012 similar to the existing drop-in centre located in Bukit Panjang.
The Youth Hub has two common areas for activities:
- Leisure Hub – pool playing, music room, dance studio, video game consoles (Playstation, X-Box and WII/Nintendo), board games and table tennis.
Focus: play, relaxation and practise/learn new skills
- Learning Hub – study/research area (with computer facilities), beauty and self-care room, counselling rooms, conference room
Focus: learning, study, research
Facilities are geared towards helping youths to feel at home, to interact with adults who can have a mentoring relationship with them, developing their character and increasing resilience against life’s challenges.
Other than offering the usual facilities for youth drop-in, we have a host of programmes for adult mentors to interact with the youth:
- Sports Programme: This programme seeks to promote healthy lifestyle and build up the confidence within youths through the acquiring of sports skills, and to develop resilience and discipline through the trainings. Examples of past programmes are badminton and mixed martial arts (MMA).
- Dance Programme: This programme engages the youth through the teaching of dance skills like hip-hop and b-boy, and aims to create mentoring opportunities between the adults and the youth.
- EX3 Mid-Year Leadership Camp (Excite. Express. Experience): The camp seeks to develop the potential leadership capabilities of youth leaders; to inspire them to lead with confidence. The camp will train them in aspects of teamwork with their peers, planning and execution of activities, and teaching them how to lead others.
- EX3 Year End Camp (Excite. Express. Experience): The EX3 Year-End Camp is a 3D2N camp held annually in November/December. This camp seeks to help youths build a good support system through bonding with peers and staff. Through this camp the Youth Services seeks to help youths develop their strengths and understand their weaknesses through activities and a time of fun.
Facilities, programmes, staff and volunteers are provided to help the youth to develop in various arenas like improving their attitude, increasing aptitude to new skills, expanding athletic abilities, developing the aesthetics and developing the adventurous spirit.
|Tues - Thurs||2.00pm - 6.20pm|
|Friday||1.30pm - 5.50pm|
|Mon, Weekends & Public Holidays||Closed|